Are you a Legal Assistant looking for a new opportunity in Orlando, FL? Do you want to showcase your multi-tasking skills and talented abilities at a fantastic law firm? If so, we want to speak with you. Special Counsel is seeking a litigation legal assistant for an outstanding full time opportunity.
This is a hands-on position that involves working collaboratively with clients and employees of the firm. Experience within First and Third Party Coverage, Civil Litigation and/or Personal Injury is preferred.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under attorney direction drafts and prepares correspondence and other written documents as required including responses, reports, filings, pleadings, answers, motions, interrogatories, contracts, opinions, position papers, letters, etc., and other documents as necessary.
- Organizes and analyzes documentary evidence including contracts, medical records, reports, depositions, discovery, investigative and other documents and summaries. Interpretation and preparation of chronologies and summaries as requested.
- Ensures organization of files including maintenance and management.
- Monitors files and escalates issues requiring attorney involvement. Performs timely handling of highly sensitive issues and materials related to case.
- Maintains calendar for trial and discovery deadlines. Obtains trial settings, coordinates and assist in preparation.
- Assist administration with new hire forms and general projects as needed.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
- 4+ years of prior litigation experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook required.
- Experience managing the attorney s schedules, calendaring court dates & deadlines required.
- Requires critical thinking skills, superior communication and organizational skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent required.
If you are interested in applying for this Litigation Legal Secretary position in Orlando, FL then apply today by submitting your resume in Word format using the below link or send to Orlando@specialcounsel. com! To view all our open positions, please visit us at www. specialcounsel. com for daily updates on the legal market!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administrative associate, deputy clerk, legal assistant, legal secretary, paralegal, paralegal corporate, receptionist, secretary