I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence that s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates,
, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
, you will:
- Support the maintenance of all patient/employee records, log/mail physician's orders and follow up on outstanding documentation.
- Assist the Records Coordinator in creating new clinical records, participate in performance improvement activities, provide data entry back up and support to staff.
- Work under close supervision.
- Abide by and demonstrate the company Mission Vision Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist the Records Coordinator in maintaining patient/employee records, creating new clinical records and ensure compliance with company policies. Gather information in response to external requests and log the request/information desired, copy/date material, maintain approved signatures and distribute information as requested.
- Mail physician's orders and tracks for timely return, follow up on outstanding documentation, record receipt of signed orders and notify the clinical manager when orders are not obtained/received. Ensure policies relating to records establishment, maintenance/confidentiality are adhered to.
- File incoming documents daily, file/copy unsigned treatment plans, log their receipt and forward copies to the appropriate manager and ensure compliance to company policies on active client/employee records.
- Monitor inventory of medical supplies and work with branch management to determine needed supplies/inventory levels/substitutions. Contact vendors to order supplies.
- Distribute medical supplies based on caregiver requests. Ensure that orders are filed and tags supplies as required.
- Ensure that all patient and employee files are current/complete. Contact caregiver/administrative staff to obtain missing/correct inaccurate information and distributes employee related documentation to other in-office users.
- Act as a backup to data entry, payroll/billing staff as needed. Enter information into the system or manually processes paperwork and forwards required information to the appropriate processing center.
- Participate in performance improvement activities, provides data entry back-up support to staff and prepares reports for management.
- Assist the Manager in implementing/maintaining operational processes to ensure compliance to company policies, legal requirements and regulatory mandates.