Catholic Home Health Services of Broward is currently seeking a Director of Medical Records to join our team.
Catholic Home Health Services is a certified home health agency and has earned recognition as national best practice agencies for outstanding performance in quality of care. You can count on a culturally diverse team of dedicated health care professionals who take great pride in providing individualized care to all patients while preserving quality of life and dignity.
Our goal is to provide each patient with quality in home care services in an atmosphere of dignity, respect and spiritual well being.
The Director of Medical Records is responsible for Preparing/sending/tracking receipt of physicians orders & Face-to-Face Encounters on a timely basis according to CMS & CHHS policies as well as conduct prebilling audit and maintaining patient records in accordance with the policies and procedures of Catholic Home Health Services. Duties must be provided in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the agency, and as may be required by the Administrator, Clinical and/or Director of Professional Services.
- Performs clerical chart review on active and discharge records. Submits summary data quarterly to the patient care manager.
- Oversees release of patient record information in accordance with HIPAA Privacy Act
- Maintains patient medical records. Ensures timely and accurate filing
- Prepare/send/track receipt of all physicians orders & Face-to-Face Encounters on a timely basis according to CMS & CHHS policies
- Orders and maintains appropriate inventory of medical supplies
- Prepares and types correspondence, reports, and other documentation for nursing department
- Assists other departments and committees in the identification of priority concerns affecting the quality of care being provided by the agency.
- Conduct pre-billing audits to identify any issues pertaining to outstanding physician orders that will impact billing.
- Ensures the processing and data entry of visits.
- Maintain discharged patients charts & storage logs.
- Assists the Administrative Assistant.
- Participates in surveys made by authorized agencies and organizations.
- Performs assigned role in the event of a disaster.
- Supervises Clinical Coordinator and ensures that all patient services are scheduled according to ordered frequency
- A high school diploma. Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Two years' experience in clerical role, medical records keeping, medical related job experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite
- be able to commute from Broward to Miami-Dade Office